U.S. Army Apache!!
Great job! However, just like in Vietnam, we have to have permission to fire at obvious enemies. No wonder these wars linger so long. Just do the job and get out. Party over.
Asa VietNam vet,I am all for FREE FIRE ZONES. The ROE are too restrictive, which is one important reason, why we can not win this war. If we were this concerned over civiians, during WW2, we would not have won nor ended the war as quickly as we did.
>Nothing seems to change when civilians & politicians run a war. During Vietnam all commanders had to read a mandatory order from Westmoreland to 100% of troops-You will not return fire without permission of USARV Hq. After reading the order I gave my order-If fired upon kill the SOB! Vietnam's value was less than one American life. Same goes for Iraq, Iran,Afganistan. We need to get back to "kick ass,take name, and come home! Company commander 1967-68 retired 1988.
>I knew that this was happening. It reminds me of Vietnam days. Geese nothing has changed. You would have thought our government would have learned. Why not give the enemy a national Muslm 30 day time out so they can regroupe,rearm and get better weapons just like we did in Vietnam. Oh yes I remember the Red River Valley. The enemy kills so much better when regrouped,rested and modernized.D. Twohy USAF
>Thank You American Military - the most professional and noble organization in the world !! Couple notes though - it sounds like they had to get approval to engage on every burst of fire. That would give the enemy more time to counter or to flee. The publicizing of this tactic (to reduce civilian causalities) will allow the enemy to quickly change tactics and use the protection of civilians so they can more easily move around. Why should we tell them how we fight our battles? Brian, USAF 1977-2000
>Nice... only one problem that I have... the bullshit 10min wait to engage.. by that time they could have made it to a house then what... oh we cant shoot now.... ROE has to change...BUT STILL NICE....
>I thought they would walk to freedom before we engaged them.This is a war why do we wait so looooong to kill them????
>if they are a raghead pop their ass. if you pop enough there will a thinning of the herd and dont worry with the little stuff
>Another Great Job by our Troops. If you don't support them, feel free to stand in front of them.Semper FiKen J
>10 minutes delay ... what did they have to do call Pelosi or Biden or maybe the Commander in Chief for his personal approval..10 minutes is horendous in situations like this and can get OUR GUYS killed... Washington needs to stay the heck out and let the men do the work ...and by the way whay doesn't someone have the XXXXs to stop forcing the troops to wear the approved body armor and allow them to wear what works in the field..
>Good job. If we don't fight 'em over there, we'll have to fight 'em over here. Good huntin', stay safe and come home.
>Get the "f'n" outa town. That's how you do it brother....Now they can go meet their 72 Virginians in the after life... like George Washington, Patrick Henry, James Madison, John Randolph, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson and 66 other people who have the same love for liberty and America and who are waiting to kick their A$$ all over again.
>This P C war is absolutely insane. Simper fi to our marines, army, navy, air force, national guard, coast guard who put their lives at risk for our country. We don't deserve such heroism, such self sacrifice. You are all MOST HONORABLE.You will always be our heroes. God keep our nation safe from these idiots in Washington DC.
>I can tell that my son has been to Aphghanistan x 2 now and he says the rules of engagement are a bunch of horse shit, (thats as nice as I can put it). And by the way, as a supporter of the troops and the military in general , I now say, we need to get out NOW. This is going no where. And we are staying now for the politicians to recoup any personal ill gotten gain, and for purposes of reelecting themselves. Thats how I see it. So lets GET THE HELL OUT.
>Darin Lewis McChesney said....The job you young men and women are involved in, is one that will structure you as human beings in the future ,not mentioning your keeping of us safe from an enemy,that has 0 regard for life,and is not educated with any beliefs as us,however understands how to be hateful.Use this to your advantage, in a situation like this,do not let them think we are weak with democracey,but after you head but them with your rifle,ask them if if it hurts.
>Good job, "jar heads". My thought is those "towel heads" have been fighting each other for hundreds of years. BRING OUR TROOPS HOME AND LET THEM FIGHT EACH OTHER. Not 100000 of them is worth one Marine, and they are killing 100 + a week. Let's get out of there.
>It is not the troops in battle that need permission to do that for which they have been trained and are the best in the world, but it is the idiots and A-hoes in washington that need to get our permission to do that which they have wrongly done without our consent for the last two years.
>AMEN, Edward, you said it for me. May God bless you and all the troops putting their lives on the line to keep America safe. From Comfort, Texas, USA
>A new generation of troops is doing an extraordinary job under the most difficult of circumstances. I follow their progress with admiration and an abiding pride in the Corps.Edward J. Palumbo1st MarDiv - RVN
>God bless your troops.Shoot every Taliban and muslim you can put your sights on!Scum buckets of the earth.
>GOD BLESS YOU GUYS FOR KEEPING US SAFE!COME HOME SOON AND COME HOME PROUD!FREEDOM RINGS AS EAGLES FLY!
>There may be some lessons we can learn from the Isreali's. I feel that while civilian casualties should be avoided if possible, we can go to war and try to kill people NICELY!! It's War! Them or US! Ultimately FEAR is the equalizier or qualifier for wins and losses. If I now afraid of you enough to stop the nonsense that I am doing, then You Win!
>THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING US SAFE AT HOME IN THE U.S.A.MAY GOD KEEP YOU ALL SAFE AND BRING YOU HOME SOON.KATHY
>The U.S. needs to turn our troops loose and let them do the job that they were sent there to do. If we had a President with balls, he would do so. But, unfortunateley all we have is an acting President who would not give a rats behing for our troops. This so called President is actually an acting President. He has not proven to be an American citizen. We need a Senator with the necessary balls to call for a Congressional Investigation on this Muslim's birth status while there is still time.MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS
>Call sign: RicepaddyUSAF 68-81, Jungle country 69-70,73-74. Shoot them all and let God Sort them Out.. Just like my war, they're Afgan's be day, and Taliban by night, and they will use anything and everyone as part of their weapons.
>Our troops should only be put in harms way when absolutely necessary and only after executing a scorched earth policy, where we carpet bomb our enemy back to the stone age. Then if some piece of sh** managed to survive and crawl out from some hole to throw so much as a stone at our troops....we hit them again and again. This enemy only understands two things, strength and weakness. They despise and exploit our weakness but they respect and fear our strength. God Bless our troops.
>Great job guys! Semper Fi!! That said, it's absolutely ridiculous that it took so long & you had to ask for permission. What an absurd idea!! It's the kind of idiocy that has gotten so many fighting men killed in Nam and since. We spend countless 100's of thousands of dollars teaching, training over and over again every pilot, gunner, & officer in the field. And when the time comes for him to use his knowledge and skill he has to get permission from someone who isn't there. How stupid to treat well trained fighters like idiots. Let the men you've trained do what you trained them to do. If they screw up take care of them. Officers and senior enlisted personnel in charge of troops should be allowed to make decisions immediately that are in line with established "Rules of Engagement" and not have to depend on some pinhead hundreds of miles away (or even in Florida looking at a satellite feed)! It's why I favor and have more respect for the "good ole' days"! Keep taking it to 'em! Hooooraahh!!
>It sounds so much like the political crap we had to put with Vietnam, which probably got more good Marines killed than the VC ever could have. Protect yourself Marines, keep your eyes open and your rifles ready.Semper Fi
>Good Job Mr. Wally Beddoe, CPL USMC 81-85!!!Thank you and yours for your service!!!!!!!WE ALL APPRECIATE IT AND PRAY FOR YOU DAILY!!!Chuck WalkerSan Jose, CA
>I am very proud of each one of you. This a war and not a movie. Our men are sincere in what they do and they know what the cost of freedom is. WE need to use the same courage and fight those in Washington who are trying to take away the freedom by using false words of how the government will take care of us. We Americans have been taking care of ourselves for years. Thanks guys and gals and God Bless.
>Finally, someone read all your comments as being written by people watching an "arcade game". Those were not metal ducks being pulled across their gun sights; they were a bunch of confused and frightened human beings, who just happened to be born in the wrong place at the wrong time (we all hope and pray). Yes, we are at war and here are a band of "brothers" pushed out into the night with bad intentions and killing weapons but also as sitting ducks. It is one thing to be there and be pulling the trigger and quite another to be viewing this incredible footage. The proper reaction is silence or maybe God help us find another way to communicate with these people. Oh, BTW, we are not at war with the Afghanistan or even the Taliban but with groups who act like and say they are terrorists and who are affiliated with Al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Ladin. The Taliban are a religious sect and it is important to the future of America and the world that this not be forever labeled as a war of Christianity against Muslims (any Sect).Also, with respect to the 10-minute wait, it only magnifies the awesome power we have even when we have to wait to reduce the risk of civilian casualties. May your God forgive us for these deaths and continue to guide whomever possesses this awesome power in the future.
>I despair when I see some of the comments here. What is the problem you have with checking that you are not firing on innocent civilians - or worse - blue on blue. You act as though this conflict is just an arcade game.With all your might, your organisation doesn't have a system in place to get authorisation in a shorter time?Remember, the need for authorisation came about because of so many US past cock-ups. Come on, learn from history, it is not as though you have much of it to study!
>I was an Army gunship pilot in Vietnam that experienced the same "wait for permission / approval to return fire" crap. We learned to make up approval initials when our guys on the ground were in trouble. Screw the bureaucrats in their comfortable houses back home! And no one ever said shit about it.
>Thank You Men and Women for my Freedom!!!!!!!!I hope my Kids get to enjoy it too!!!!!!C.Brown from south Texas
>Civilians have been killed in every war that was ever fought, and they'll be killed in every war from now on. Collateral damage. And if they let the cowards of the Taliban or Al Qaeda hide amongst them and use them as shields, so be it. No sleep should be lost over it and no assholes in Washington, D.C. (District Of Criminals) should be calling any shots for the troops in the field in harm's way. They haven't the experience and they sure as hell haven't earned that right !! If the ROE were to kill the enemy by any and all means available, the troops would have been home years ago. Viet Nam veteran- 1962-'63.
>My only fear here is that showing these tactics videos will show the enemy how to pose as dead and not be shot. If they all fell to the ground after the first volley, they would have looked dead and the choppers might have moved on. I just hope these guys don't get training from someone with internet access who can study these videos and learn how to better hide from our forces
>I am glad they are concerned about collateral damage and all but, 10 minutes!!! You're breakin my balls man.
>Great work. Semper Fi. Once again the ROE is causing our troops to fight with handcuffs on. Didn't we learn that we can't do that in Nam. We have the best military on the planet and we should trust them to do their jobs. Maybe it is time to elect people who have served in the military. God (yes I said God) bless our troops. Come home safe.
- Most viewed, Last 30 days
- Most viewed, All-Time
- Marine Corps Quotes 163,372 views
- An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different 142,397 views
- USMC Motivational Posters 55,554 views
- New USMC Recruiting Poster 46,352 views
- Chesty Puller Quotes 41,429 views
- Tribute to Navy Corpsmen 31,987 views
- Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial – Facts 29,325 views
- Old Jarhead Poems 27,591 views
- Aerial Combat Footage from Afghanistan! 26,267 views
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 22,351 views
- “Backbone” USMC Leadership Traits – JJDIDTIEBUCKLE 21,620 views
- Rules for Dating a Marine’s Daughter 19,433 views
- UNIVAC 1218 CPU (Univac 1500) 17,585 views
- Joining the Marines? 17,514 views
- Paul Melvin Beddoe, KIA Vietnam 17,378 views
- Recon Team DAGGER II, 22 DEC 1968 16,707 views
- Kick Ass Texas Chili Recipe 16,538 views
- V-22 Joins HMX 14,906 views
- MCAS(H) Tustin, California 13,878 views
- The Art of War – Sun Tzu 12,757 views
- USMC Button Insignia 10,664 views
- MAG-16 Photos, Vietnam 10,559 views
- Flying over MCRD San Diego 10,525 views
- Marines Code alive, well in Staunton 10,352 views
- Marines and Tootsie Rolls 9,461 views
- USMC Assault Breacher Vehicle 9,414 views
- CASEVAC Corpsman Shannon Dittlinger 9,327 views
- Oct 23, 1983 Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing 9,195 views
- What did you do at HMX-1? 8,765 views
- How to Simulate Being in the Navy 8,630 views
- Help Honor Korean War Veterans 8,411 views
- Lone Survivor – Trailer 8,273 views
- Do you still think of Vietnam? 8,082 views
- USMC Patches 7,647 views
- MEN IN BLACK: What it’s like to get ambushed 7,508 views
- A Marine Toast 7,487 views
- A General Mattis Christmas Story 6,522 views
- Bury me next to a Marine 6,238 views
- What Makes a Marine a Marine? 5,992 views
- Col Mike Lowe’s Mess Night Speech 5,864 views
- LT. General Kelly – Speech on Veteran’s Day 5,476 views
- Sgt Hutchins Case Far Beyond Absurd 5,308 views
- Why We Fought & Why We Would Do it Again 5,080 views
- Women in Combat? 4,789 views
- Marine General Al Gray 4,750 views
- “Welcome Home” Trailer 4,727 views
- Lucy Brewer – Legendary First Woman Marine 4,563 views
- Marine One pilot is Salem native 4,497 views
- One Ride With YP-13 4,477 views
- I Will Never Quit 4,437 views
- One Marine’s Story 4,381 views
- Memorial Day Image 4,342 views
- Yes, Clint Eastwood was my Marine Recruiter 4,239 views
- The Man In The Arena 4,213 views
- Just one of The Few… 4,206 views
- They wish to hell 4,094 views
- Navy Corpsmen: A Marine’s Best Friend 4,093 views
- I Fought For You By The Sound Tank 4,079 views
- Cpl. Kent Cagle, USMC 4,074 views
- How to Observe Memorial Day 3,789 views
- When You Come Home- Military Tribute 3,743 views
- U.S. Marine Surprises His Brother at Practice 3,637 views
- The Hypocrite 3,624 views
- LCPL Jordan Haerter and CPL Jonathan Yale 3,582 views
- Once, Always Marine 3,565 views
- Baker Company 1/7 and "The Sands of Iwo Jima" 3,542 views
- Madison Rising – The Star Spangled Banner 3,523 views
- 9/11, We Remember 3,494 views
- Whisper Semper Fi 3,427 views
- History of the challenge coin 3,349 views
- Recon Team Little Gull 3,310 views
Most Recent Comments
- Tim Traywick on What Makes a Marine a Marine?
- DavidWade1 on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- DocZee on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- The Falconer on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- The Falconer on Marine Corps Quotes
- The Falconer on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- watsondonta on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- ChrisHolley on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- ChrisHolley on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different
- RubenCastillo on An Army officer sums up what makes Marines different